Saturday, January 26, 2013

On a more positive note - a great review!!!! OF US!

a few weeks ago I was emailed by a lovely customer named Ria. She had purchased our vegan glitter lotion in coconut cream pie....

I was surprised to find she was planning to review it as part of her dedication to finding vegan, cruelty free products that are AFFORDABLE. So we mailed off her order and waited.

well today we got word of her pleasing review.

her blog is here ria lives well


and the review was as follows



Coconut Cream Pie Glitter Lotion

Hi and welcome back to Ria Lives Well!
Today’s topic is one I’m very excited about.
more pictures 030
For a while now, I’ve been searching for cosmetics and toiletries that are 1) cruelty free, 2) made with all natural ingredients, and 3) affordable. So far, my favorite shop to find such products is Lush. However, when shopping at Lush, I can never check number three off my list. That doesn’t mean I don’t still heart Lush. I absolutely do! Yet my weakened wallet has me searching for another avenue.
And I found it.
While browsing Etsy, I discovered a shop called Me & The Boy. The owner makes just about everything I’m searching for. Perfumes, lotions, soaps, even nail polish. I forced myself not to buy everything I wanted, and instead purchased one item: Glitter Potion Supreme Lotion in Coconut Cream Pie.
more pictures 034
Affordability? Check.
One eight ounce bottle only cost $8 since it was on clearance to make room for the Fall and Winter fragrances. But you won’t find remarkably cheap prices in the clearance section alone. Me & The Boy offers vegan, gluten free body washes for $5; soy candles for $5.26, and beautifully hand crafted soap, like Yuzu Spearmint for $4.75.
So I finally received my lotion in the mail today, and what’s my verdict?
Love this stuff!
The Moisture
This lotion doesn’t sit on my skin, but penetrates and does a wonderful job of moisturizing/softening the skin. And the smell? Deliciously addictive. Unless you aren’t a fan of coconut, you will certainly fall in love.
Glitter me Gold
Despite the name-Glitter Potion Supreme Lotion-I didn’t think much of the word “glitter”. After spreading the lotion across my skin, bits of gold freckled my arms and legs. So then came the realization: “Ah. Glitter lotion.” Even as I sit here writing this post, I’m constantly distracted by the glint from my skin whenever the light hits the right spot. I can only imagine what a hot seller this is during the Summer months.
All Natural
My favorite element of this lotion is that it’s 98% natural and 100% vegan. When I look at the ingredient list, I actually know what most of the ingredients mean.
So I decided to have some fun. I compared it to the lotion I used beforehand, Victoria Secret’s Love my Body in Jasmine & Water Lily.
more pictures 031
Not only am I unfamiliar with the ingredients in my VS lotion, I can’t even pronounce half of them. And while this has nothing to do with it being all natural, the Glitter Potion Supreme Lotion is nearly double the size and a fraction of the cost. The insanity!
more pictures 038
Just skim the ingredients for both lotions and you’ll see what I mean {Be warned, blurry pictures that fail me as a photographer ahead}….
VS Love my Body Lotion Ingredients:
Water, glycerin, petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, ceteareth 20, fragrance, diazolidinyl urea, carbomer, methylparaben, aloe leaf juice, benzyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, tetrasodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, macadamia seed soil propyl paraben….{The list continues in this manner. How many can you define?}
more pictures 029
Coconut Cream Pie Glitter Lotion Ingredients:
De-ionized water, grape seed oil, avocado oil, capric triglycerides, emulsifying wax NX, jojoba seed oil, shea butter, aloe leaf juice, stearic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, silk amino acids, vegetable glycerine, sorbitol, silicone, methyl cellulose, allantoin, phenoxyethanol and optiphen.
more pictures 028
Not only do I recognize most of the ingredients, like shea butter and jojoba oil, the ingredient list is smaller. This is what I want when searching for skin care products. Skin is a delicate system, and I can’t imagine caring for it while slathering cetereath-20, tetra sodium EDTA and carbomer on it everyday.
A Sample
The shop owner also threw in a sample of her Lavender body wash, Lavenderology Shower Gel with exfoliating grains. Take a whiff and you’re in a field of lavender. The beauty of this product is, the smell intensifies as you use it. I hadn’t stumbled upon the last time I browsed her Etsy shop, but I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it next time. Oh, yeah. There will be a next time.
~Live well!







Check out her blog it's great (she has an amazing reciepe for 2 ingredient creamer for your coffee! and she's nice too!!! Thanks Ria...

No comments:

Post a Comment