Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hotel Review - Toronto Don Valley Hotel And Suites

Having had a horrible stay at the Radisson, and a disappointed boy on my hands (swimming is one of his great loves) We got an offer to stay at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel And Suites.  It was an offer to good to pass up so we decided to go.

Andrew, who was on staff at night was amazing to deal with. After thoroughly confirming and re-confirming my stay he let me know early check in was fine. When we pulled up to the hotel it was beautiful. It's located in an area of the city that sits on ravine land. A BIG winding driveway led up to a beautifully enclosed entryway where, once we exited the truck we could hear music playing...My son said "mom this IS a fancy hotel..they play music outside!"

We did have a few hiccups checking in with our breakfast vouchers from the girl at the desk who we were not overly fond of....she explained that the breakfast vouchers were not an option, after Andrew had clearly stated it was part of our package...she kept trying to get us to upgrade our room explaining that the new rooms were recently renovated and a totally different color (like I care what color the room is for my sleeping hours)

Our room was an executive king room and was EXACTLY as pictured.


I will say that on their site they rave about the views.....however my view was of the highway and parking lot...this may be off putting to some but my son ADORES watching the highway at night so this was fine for us. The room was FREEZING but warmed up REALLLLY fast with an old fashioned window unit that was a bit complicated to figure out but worked REALLY well!

Our room was SPOTLESS...baseboards and all! Even the old school TV is our room was wiped clean and dust free (I'm not one to care if the TV is flat screen) Our room did not have a fridge or microwave and if I wanted one they were 20-25$ EACH. Thankfully my son is not a baby anymore and we didn't really need it!

The bathroom was BIG and SO clean. I liked the old style red granite counter tops and a HUGE GIGANTIC bonus was HEATED TILE FLOORS  ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....what a treat in the morning. 


Our Internet was free which in Toronto is saying alot as may hotels charge 8-25$ a day for Internet, and it was high speed wireless! 

We were spending the day at the science center so we left for the day.



Upon our return we had some dinner....I can honestly without a doubt say it's one of the best hamburgers I have ever had EVER! it was great! My son had a cheese pizza that he FINISHED so it MUST have been great! I also had a whiskey sour which was soooo good! The waiter was very pleasant and understanding towards my son (the boy has adhd, autism and odd, so his behavior is sometimes difficult in places new to him) The fire place across from our table and tv's were a great distraction. I was also REALLY surprised about the bill...it was far lower than expected and way better than many hotels. The teal, white and cream decor in the restaurant and thruout the hotel is so lovely and clean!


To top off a great day we went to the pool.....WOW. The pool is amazing! first of all it's a perfect circle and the entire roof is a skylight. But better yet it's WARM!! the first hotel we have stayed at where the pool is so warm it's surprising!. As it got darker, several big ornate coach lamps turned on automatically....and as it got darker the ambiance almost became a romantic candlelight pool....had it not been for my child, and several others that is! But it was so beautiful! The hot tub was REALLY hot, and they even have have a family change room which is so smart. Upon our return in the morning, it was a totally different feeling. Bright and welcoming!



(the lounge chairs are not the same and I saw no drapes but the rest is the same)



Would I stay here again? I'm already trying to find an excuse too! With INCREDIBLE winter rates starting at 99$ or 2-4 night packages from 84-95$ a night why not enjoy a STAYcation! 


Other incredible features
The most comfy bed and pillows ever!!!
room service from 6pm-11pm
a little shop open from 9a-11p
Some rooms have balconies
a seasonally available outdoor pool
it's SO quiet! 


Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites - Toronto, Ontario (ON)
175 Wynford DriveTorontoOntario M3C 1J3
Contact: 416-449-4111 | Fax: 416-385-6700 
Email: reservations@torontopreferredhotel.com
 Website http://www.torontodonvalleyhotel.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment